Share | 

questions on how to get promoted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wing00 Gundam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: questions on how to get promoted   Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:52 pm

I've been hearing a lot of talk about how a lot of KGB members keep asking the lieutenants and of other ranks on how to get promoted. I've myself have even been asked these questions. So my question is how do you react to members who become upset with their current rank in KGB? I would like this answered if you can so i know what to say. Question
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 am

You tell them that their experience with KGB should not be defined by their rank. Ranking up doesn't show how good you are a given game or how good of a recruiter you are (though some times recruiting is the deciding factor). Receiving a new rank is receiving a new responsibility that you have earned and we feel you deserve. Any further explanation isn't really necessary and if they ask, refer to a UL or Founder.

- Optimus

Back to top Go down
http://Twitter.com/elijahevans
KGB Ghostmaster
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:16 am

well put optimus you should send that out on the tag too

Admin

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Ranks are here to indicate that you are being entrusted to more responsibility and not for a simple title. A leader is simply defined as follows:
"One who guides himself and his team to victory, bearing additional responsibility to reach it."

Surely, there is a good feeling to receiving a promotion you are deserving of, but that promotion comes with reason: because you have been entrusted with more. It is like the parable that Jesus told the people of the master and his servants. The master entrusted each servant with bags of money while he was away on a trip. One invested in the bank and gained interest while another simply dug a hole and hid it there, keeping it safe. When the master returned, he was grateful for the first servant's actions and entrusted him with more money, but he took the money he gave to the second servant and gave it back to the first since he did nothing with what he was given. There is actually a third servant in this story, but it is futile to explain his role in the story as this is sufficient to show you what I am saying.

Overall, if you want to be promoted, stand out from the crowd and make more with what you were given. Those are the people we promote. That is how KGB Jetfire (aka Soundwave now) got promoted to Captain. Same with EvolutionZz. However, remember to be humble as it is a part of the Code of Conduct and the Law of the Heart. I will not accept anyone who uses his rank to demean another. Never.
Back to top Go down
http://kgbgaming.userboard.net
Wing00 Gundam
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:45 pm

lol that was a good story chipmunk but i wasnt asking how to get promoted. i was asking what to tell someone who might be unhappy with their rank. though i do like the story and will most likely use it when someone asks me how to get promoted lol!
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Wing, look at my response.

Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:21 pm

No problem for the story. I saw your question and do apologize for deviating from it. However, I suggest you adjust your title to suit your question the next time you post something like this.
Back to top Go down
http://kgbgaming.userboard.net
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm

i almost lost my cool when someone asked why he isnt being promoted fast, but i realized that mabey its not just them its also the fact that recruiting is getting real sloppy we need to explainn it to them and akso exolain that 95% want promotions but their isnt always enough room
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:51 pm

I concur, recruiting guidelines need to be elaborated upon. I shall send a brief how to on the tag.

Back to top Go down
KGB Ghostmaster
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 pm

yeah I would like to remind everyone that you do need at least a sergent or higher to recrute some one and it's there ob to help the newer recrute's to recrute other's. So remember captain's when you promote be sure that you make sure your new recrute's now how to recrute.

PostSubject: Re: questions on how to get promoted   

Back to top Go down

questions on how to get promoted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1