KGB Gaming

The Official Forums

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we incorporate this idea into KGB (Read Below)?
Yes
86%
 86% [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe in the Future
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:48 pm

Ok. I'll be right to the point to quell your wonder. KGB University is a set of classes that members can take to engage further into the gaming/online universe. The classes that I have thought of are below:

1. Forge Class
a) Basics - The very basics of Forge, from understanding the menus to the tools.
b) Advanced - This will expand on the knowledge covered in basics. For example, new-found methods of forgery (i.e. blending two objects together in Halo 3) will be explained here.
c) Expert - The very fine fabric of details are covered in this course. After this, you will probably know "everything" there is to know about Forge.

2. Website Design
a) Basics - Gives members a general overview of basic website design (i.e. FreeWebs) and a general overview of coded websites and how they further enhance customization.
b) Advanced - Beginnings of teaching website coding (i.e. HTML, Java, etc.).
c) Expert - Tips and tricks from the masters of the trade. This will give members some new tools and methods to use in website design that others have discovered from their own experience.

3. Leadership
a) KGB Leadership Assignments - Gives members that are interested in being promoted an overview of the duties of a KGB leader. If accepted by the member, continue further to show how to perform these duties.
b) Leadership Qualities - Engages members on the characteristics of a leader and how they apply in situations. Scenarios will be enacted so that members receive experience with these.
c) Advanced - Members will be tested on their intellect and reactions towards scenarios that can occur in KGB. If desired, it may be taken further.

4. Pro Class - Covers skill levels in games from Halo: Reach, Call of Duty, and beyond.
a) Basics - Mainly for MLG-oriented players, this course will cover call-outs, team-play, and objective-oriented operations.
b) Advanced - Members will be assessed on their current skills levels and work on the necessary improvements. This can range from Halo: Reach sniper accuracy to team-play.

5. Machinima
a) Basics - This course will cover what is needed in order to create machinima and how to record a video.
b) Advanced - This course will cover how to create a story, characters, and settings for machinimas. It will also expand on the knowledge of the software involved with machinima and how to perform necessary functions.
c) Expert - Members will receive a dominant overview of their software and hardware and how to incorporate them into their machinima.

And the list can go on and on. Those are just a few of the courses that can be provided through KGB University. They can be provided simply as threads here on the forums, through videos and Powerpoints, or even by instructor-led courses. It simply helps to give people opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills here in KGB. Any questions or comments, please, and oh please, leave below. Any inappropriate feedback will be terminated. Thank you.

- KGB Chipmunk
Back to top Go down
http://kgbgaming.userboard.net
Bro of Maphala
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:19 pm

I would like to volunteer in helping to teach the forge class. I have great forging experience but I am a little rusty on the merging two objects in Halo 3 but have a basic idea on it.
Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Alright, Bro of Maphala. Since you are the Forge leader, I concur with your assignment as Forge instructor. Make sure to familiarize yourself further with the ways of Forge before venturing into teaching others. A teacher must be the master of his or her domain so that all inquiries all answered and no wonder is left to exist.
Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:43 pm

well if were looking for leaders could i requst to join the leadership section im only a captain but i know some stuff about kgb procedures,
Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:44 pm

i know to most of you isuck pale but at reach, ill rule, straight up and vicious ull never get first kill NEVER.............................. Cool
Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I am just fine with you instructing KGB procedure, Jetfire. I will be going more in depth with you on this topic when the time comes around for this course to begin.

I want everyone to know to be patient. KGB University will be a project that comes AFTER we have settled things with the squads and sometime after we have settled into Halo: Reach (about 5-7 days). KGB will be restored to full control and stability today.
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

I am down with anything 2-4. I know a little about machinima though.

Back to top Go down
http://Twitter.com/elijahevans
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm

What the helll are points???? and i have 29, is that bad? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 am

kgbjetfire wrote:
What the helll are points???? and i have 29, is that bad? Crying or Very sad
I am not sure where I made the post, but Bro of Maphala had this same question. The points mean nothing right now as they would be used as "credits" if there was a store to use them to purchase items on the forums. For example, you can buy a name change on the forums or a signature, etc. Basically, it is futile.
Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:16 am

ok

Last edited by kgbjetfire on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:21 am

Lawl. Futile. but hey jetfire, watch what you say man. you might want to keep certain things to yourself.

Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

im sorry i wasn't exactly fully rested if u know what i mean i just wasn;t being myself guys srry
Back to top Go down
KGB Optimus
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:31 am

Not quite an excuse, but all is good I believe. Just keep your composure and set an example.

Back to top Go down
KGB Ghostmaster
Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 pm

I would offer some pro classes hardcore only ask immortal too and vicous I think is a techy I can help on web design and a few other internet stuff I know hehe

Unit Leader
Unit Leader

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Ya I think that any of the founders and myself are fully competent with the technical stuff?

Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 pm

I know its just that i dont like i dont ever like too act rude
(other than out breakis on xbox life relatede to tea baggingg, but just except my sincere apology its not my place to judge anyone i mean i just kinda lost my sense im just sorry guys i cant change the past you know but work on myself so it never happens again.
Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm quite lost in what is going on with Jetfire, but all seems to be fine now. Anyhow, if people are willing to assist in any technical aspects for KGB University or just for KGB period, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Bro of Maphala
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 pm

It just came to me that the diffrent classes can help eachother out such as the Forge team and classes can the Machinima section with set designs for example. KGB University will be huge and help KGB grow even stronger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KGB Soundwave
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:56 pm

yeah, i just got free points for this reply but still yeah (im joking for you guys with no humor)
Back to top Go down
KGB Chipmunk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 pm

View my most recent post on the KGB Constitution topic to understand how we can implement KGB University into KGB. It is called "training."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?   

Back to top Go down

KGB University - To Be or Not to Be?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1